Terms and conditions of undertaking motorcycle training with Biketrain Wales Ltd
- Customers are required to comply with all rules and regulations with regard to riding motorcycles as stipulated by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency and Biketrain Wales Ltd as its agents.
- Motorcycles are only to be operated under the supervision of and as requested by an approved Biketrain Wales Ltd instructor.
- When operating a motorcycle, customers must always wear an approved safety helmet, gloves and a Biketrain Wales tabard. Suitable safety clothing is also recommended for personal safety.
- All customers using motorcycles provided by Biketrain Wales Ltd do so at their own risk. The arrangement of personal accident insurance is the responsibility of the individual customer.
- Any customers using their own motorcycles/mopeds/scooters must ensure that they are fully legal to be used on public roads and do so at their own risk.
- Motorcycling is a potentially hazardous activity; you take part with the knowledge of the inherent risks. Biketrain Wales Ltd does not accept liability for any loss or injury to a customer resulting from the customer’s use of a motorcycle or equipment during training.
- Biketrain Wales Ltd has a customer excess of £50 for any damage to motorcycles.
- We reserve the right to terminate training (without a refund) in the event of any customer showing signs of intoxication or riding in a dangerous or negligent manner.
- All customers’ accounts are to be settled prior to the issue of DL196 in the case of CBT courses and prior to attending the practical test in all other cases.
- Customers purchasing a CBT are entitled to a full course. Should the course be terminated prior to completion by the instructor for safety reasons, the customer can re-book with a credit for the sessions not undertaken. Should a customer elect to end their training at any point, any credit is forfeited; this must be booked within 14 days.
- Occasionally (e.g., due to adverse weather), we may need to cancel (with a refund), amend, or rearrange the date and time of your training.
- All CBT courses are non-refundable.
- All deposits are non-refundable.
- Fifteen days’ notice is required to change the date of a course and a £25 admin fee will be incurred.
- For cancellations, any refund will be at the discretion of the company.
- No refunds, under any circumstances, will be given for cancellations made within 24 hours of your training.
- The above terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
BIKETRAIN WALES Ltd March 2023